- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 pounds yellow squash, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 12 saltine crackers, crushed
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry Ranch-style dressing mix
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dry bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook squash and onions until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in Cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, eggs, and crackers. Season with Ranch dressing mix and salt.
- Spread the squash mixture into a medium baking dish. Mix together stuffing and 1/2 cup melted butter, and sprinkle over the squash mixture.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until firm and lightly browned.