July 15, 2016
- ¼ cup Tahini or as needed
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ cup fresh Lemon juice or as needed
- 1 pinch ground Cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ cup brine cured black olives, such as Kalamata
- Prepare a medium-hot fire on your grill
- Prick the eggplant with a fork in several places and place on the grill rack 4 to 5 inches from the fire. Grill, turning frequently, until the skin blackens and blisters and the flesh just begins to feel soft, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer the eggplant to a baking sheet and bake until very soft, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool slightly, and peel off and discard the skin Place the eggplant flesh in a bowl Using a fork, mash the eggplant to a paste. Add the 1/4 cup tahini, the garlic, the 1/4 cup lemon juice and the cumin and mix well. Season with salt, then taste and add more tahini and/or lemon juice, if needed. Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl and spread with the back of a spoon to form a shallow well.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top and sprinkle with the parsley.
- Place the olives around the sides.
- Serve at room temperature.