This week their is some beautiful cabbages in those boxes. Try these roll to utilize them.
Health Transitions Clinic Recipe
|Recipe Name: Cabbage Roll|
|Ingredients||Measure||Method of Preparation |
|Eggs||2 each||Using a crock-pot or a wide soup pot bring water to a boil (enough to cover the cabbage). Coo|
- k until, the cabbage leaf begins to be tender then remove from water and put in a bowl of ice.
- In a large sauté pan add ground meat, onion, and Italian seasoning; brown meat.
- Deglaze with white wine and add cheese with spinach and almond flour.
- Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
- Let meat mixture cool.
- Remove cabbage from ice and pick off leaves whole (these will be used to wrap).
- Once meat mixture is cooled add two scrambled eggs and form meat mixture into balls.
- Wrap the meatballs with cabbage leaves and place in empty crock-pot or wide soup pan (repeat the process until all the meat is wrapped).
- Once filled cover with diluted tomato sauce (1 can sauce to 2 cans water).
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer cover and let cook until desired doneness, 165 degrees. If cooked in crock-pot let cook on low heat 4-6 hours.
|Ground meat of choice||1 ½ lbs.|
|White wine vinegar||2 tablespoon|
|Onion, diced||1/2 cup|
|Italian seasoning||2 tablespoon|
|Feta cheese||½ cup|
|Almond flour||¼ cup|
|Cabbage, partially steamed||1 head|
|Tomato sauce||1 jar|
|Black pepper||To taste|
|Salt/Mrs. Dash||To taste|
|Equipment Needed: rubber spatula, knife, cutting board, sauté pan, 2 large bowl, crock-pot or wide soup pot|
|Note: Additional seasonings may be added as desired.|