For the 2014 year the farm has raised it C.S.A. prices. I am sure many of you are aware if you have checked out our website. It has the prices for next year listed already. If you are wondering why we are raising our prices it is due to many factors. I will address it once so I don’t receive a million emails. 😉
The most important reason that prices have gone up for 2014 is sustainability.
I have learned a great lesson over the past six years and that is, without a sustainable farmer you can never create a sustainable farm.
My one and only goal is to provide truly 100% chemical free clean vegetables to the public for a fair price. The farm only uses organic methods to grow our vegetables. No wholesale. No restaurants. Just a simple direct relationship with the end consumer. For the 2014 year the farm is capping memberships at 175 to provide more vegetables and a better end product in each share. We will provide you with a product that is superior in quality and you can support a truly LOCAL farm. (Of course, with Mother Nature’s Blessing).
The member’s we truly want to have as customers understand the value in healthy, locally grown food & want to share & enjoy this beautiful farm with us. Also for the 2014 year the farm we will be adding options to have herbs and eggs delivered to your drop-point. You can select this on the check-out page.
There are so many benefits to a Bass Farms CSA share – benefits that are not found at any other CSA in the region.
Bass Farms C.S.A. Benefits
- We properly store your veggies as they are picked in a commercial grade cooler so you receive them in ideal condition.
- We use a commercial grade washing system – which reduces your wash and prep time
- We plant our vegetables in raised beds
- (Reduces root washout and uses less water)
- Professional drip irrigation system for vegetables
- (100 g.p.m.)
- You still get veggies, even in case of drought
- Distributes Veggie’s in F.D.A. Approved Boxes
- Individually washed & bagged veggies
- Easy Access to Customer Service
- Locally sourced beef (Processed at Edgewood Locker just for Farm)(F.D.A. Approved)
- Can Order in Bulk (New For 2014)
- 1/4 or 1/2
- Tentative Delivery June 15th
- Will be available on-line (Including Cuts)
- Locally Sourced Eggs (Free Range)
- Locally Sourced Pork
- Large Gluten Free Product Line
- Locally Roasted Coffee
- Locally produced Glycerin Soaps
- Locally poured Candles (Soy)
- Locally produced Honey
- Plus many more locally sourced items…
- All Members Receive 30% off all goods in Store the Entire Season
- All Members Receive 3-5 pumpkins for free
- All Members Receive a Membership card with 15 extra punches for veggies.
- Access to 15 picnic tables any time we are open (NEW For 2014) On Farm
- Makes for a beautiful lunch or relaxing afternoon
- Tables will be located throughout Farm During Season (Probably Good Idea to Call Ahead)
- General Access to the farm everyday but Monday! (We are Closed)
- Watch Your Veggie’s Grow
- Free Hay-Rack Rides In October
- #10-#15 extra tomato’s (In Season Only) for canning
- Conveniently Located Directly off of Major Highway (U.S. 30) Across from Park
- 12 Minutes From Cedar Rapids
- Massive Herb Bed Conveniently Located Next To Parking Lot
- Lots & Lots of Herbs
- Free for all Members all you have to do is stop at the farm
- Roughly 30 varieties of Herbs
- $25 off of Half
- $50 off of Full
- $100 off Corporate
- $25 off if you are a YMCA member
- (Can’t Use Two Discounts)
- Example: Current Member Discount + YMCA Discount
2012-2013 Veggie Disclosure (What members received each week in the PAST)
Farmer’s Wife-Main Supporter