- 3 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Roast the squash cut side up on a baking sheet in preheated oven until the flesh is soft, about 50 minutes. Remove squash from oven and cool, then scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl, or bowl of a food processor.
- Meanwhile, prepare the topping by mixing 2 1/2 tablespoons butter in a bowl with the brown sugar and flour until crumbly. Stir in the pecans. Set aside until needed.
- Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease 11×7 inch baking dish.
- Beat or process the squash until smooth. Add the eggs, white sugar, half and half, vanilla, salt, and 2 1/2 tablespoons butter; process until well blended. Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the brown sugar topping mixture over the squash.
- Bake squash in preheated oven until topping is lightly brown, about 40 minutes