Dear C.S.A Community,
The heat is back and the heat is good. We are getting tomatoes. Lots!!!! They should continue for weeks and weeks. Woo-Hoo. As I have mentioned before, we plant multiple age groups of Tomatoes to lengthen the harvest. This is a great time to be a member because tomatos have so many uses. In my opinion, the taste of a truly Iowa Field Grown TOMATO can’t be beat. They’re not always the prettiest but the flavor profile is so rich with many profiles. This is actual tomato season. They are only at their best for 8-10 weeks in IA, not year round. So I hope you all enjoy them while they’re here. Please remember that if you have not signed up for canning tomatoes and you want them please click on the link below.
Week 10 Menu:
- Sweet Corn
- Zucchini & or Squash
I hope you are enjoying your boxes of vegetables. If you need anything at all please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. We are here to help you have the best experience possible with your local foods system. (Chris@bassfarms.org)
- Get on Tomato List if you want canners.
- Lion Bridge has a 2nd cooler for eggs to eliminate confusion of some of the eggs being in back.
- Drop-Points donate or throw away all unpicked up produce at the end of each pick up day.
- If you have any excess boxes lying around we would love to have them and they can be dropped off at the farm.
- Our freezer in the store that sounds like a freight train is getting fixed today!!!!! Yah!!!!
The pumpkins this year look great and we have 8 acres planted on the farm. We are going to have so many it is going to be great. Some are huge already! We are planning on adding some new attractions!!