*A delicious meatless meal with vibrant colors and flavors to satisfy even the meat eaters in your bunch!
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled, sliced and quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (15 oz. each) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook and stir peppers in oil until tender. Add the sweet potato, garlic and rosemary; cook 4-5 minutes longer.
- Stir in water and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until sweet potato is tender. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and salt; heat through.
Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home: